Great balance and contrast from Australian Design firm – Regina Levine Design Office
What makes a designer unique is his/her ability to see what other people don’t. How you can visualize space and be connected to the environment enables the right choices in balancing, contrasting, emphasizing, harmonizing, and uniting objects within an interior space. However, to have this objection you need a certain level of clarity in your life to excel.
As a sport scientist and designer, I have had the experiences to understand the physical requirements to be a competitive athlete and that is to have control of your body and mind.
Emphasizing and uniting objects from Australian Design firm – Regina Levine Design Office
7 Steps to Clarity for a Designer by Angelo Adamo
- Find a purpose – You need something to aim for that is achievable, like finding a balance in life that makes you happy.
- Exercise – Your body needs to feel fit so that your mind can take control of your emotions. Exercise at least 20 minutes 4 days per week with your heart around 85% (125bpm average).
- Try Aromatherapy – Improve your sense of smell. If you can adapt aromas with memories of the past, then you are able to help the client trigger memories. Design to Create Memories is my approach to successful designs and the sense of smell is a main contributor to achieving to remember positive memories.
- Listen to Music – Get inspired by sound and rhythm. Find a tune that you can visualize yourself succeed in and progress.
- Diet and Drinking – Control what you eat and drink, especially alcohol, which is a depressant. Let your body dictate when you are hungry and not the day. Just because it’s lunch time doesn’t mean that your body is hungry.
- Speak to family and friends – Talk to people that you feel at ease with. Discussion is a form of therapy which could quickly resolve issues that you are facing.
- Get a new outfit – I can still remember that my oldest sister taking for the first time at the age of 16 years old, to a men’s boutique store and finding the outfit that represents the person I was then. Dress yourself with confidence and pride.
These 7 steps will guide you to better visions and more clarity as to who you are as a designer and in life. Life is too short.
Song for Clarity is from Tycho – Horizon (Poolside Remix)